Asian Fellowship Programme
suspended due to COVID-19 outbreak.
This AADO fellowship program provides an opportunity for the participant to join the Orthopaedic Trauma Team at the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital and/or the Prince of Wales Hospital for a four-week clinical attachment. During the attachment period, participants are to join staff members of the Orthopaedic Trauma Team for ward rounds, pre-operative meetings, operative sessions, post-operative meetings, out-patient sessions, academic meetings and the Saturday inter-hospital meetings.
Reports from AADO Asian Fellowship Programme
- To facilitate training of young orthopaedic surgeons by providing opportunities for exchange of ideas and experience at centres of excellence.
- To provide exposure to different clinical practice with special reference to orthopaedic trauma.
- To provide exposure to different health care systems in general.
- To enhance fraternity and friendship among orthopaedic surgeons in the different regions of Asia.
3. Admission Requirements
Applicants must be a member of the AADO, and should:
- have not less than 5 years' clinical experience in orthopaedic traumatology,
- have reasonable level of spoken English,
- be enthusiastic and self motivated,
- be recommended by parent unit head.
Successful applicant will be offered US$ 800 (i.e. HK$ 6200) during the fellowship period. which will cover the accommodation within hospital compound.
- actively participate in all activities;
- compile an end-of-attachment report
- assist in the exchange program for others
6. Application Procedure (Application closed)
- Aug 6 – Sep 2, 2018
- Nov 5 – Dec 2, 2018
Application Form (Application closed)